Sunday, July 4, 2010

Why I'm doing this:

2010 Allen and Ginter #212 Ken Griffey Jr.

Jeez you say, do we really need another sports card blog. I guess we probably don't, but here it is anyway.


This week I picked up a box of Allen and Ginter, I'm not caught up in Strausberg mania or anything sordid like that, I just like the cards and buy several boxes every year. Now I don't want to turn this into another pull/hit post so let me cut to the chase... I got a Griffey, not just any Griffey (there are thousands mind you) but the card released within weeks of his retirement. I'm sure there will be many, possibly hundreds of Griffey cards released in 2010 and 2011, but this one will always signify the end of a great career.
So that's the inspiration for this blog. I probably won't be featuring a lot of cards from the last twenty years, it's just to complicated to pin down a players last card these days and besides my interest is primarily "vintage" cards, but we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment